Monday, August 02, 2010

7/28/2010 9:30 AM A WISH FULLFILLED

Today we went and fulfilled one of my mothers wishes.

My dad and I left and met my sisters at Memory Gardens Cemetery in Arlington Heights, IL. Where along with the funeral director and representative from Memory Gardens disinterred my Brother Paul Lee. Though we were hoping to find something, he Died 48 hrs after being born at 7 mnths along in 1958. He was buried in my paternal grandfathers grave and later moved to the feet of my paternal grandmother. Back then vaults weren't really required for infants.

The groundskeeper who took exceptional care when digging down to the top of my grandmothers vault, gently looking through each shovel full. Unfortunately the only thing we could find was a slight color change in the clay at that area. So The soil from directly on top of my grandmothers vault was gently taken and put in a small burial box of a hard plastic and nicely lined ( about the size 1 1/2 length 6 inches wide and about mayb e a foot high) and sealed tightly.

We carried that box up to Crystal lake Memorial Park where my mother was buried. The grounds keeper already had the hole dug nicely for us. We did have to dig more due to he didn't know how big the box was. My brother in law gently lowered the box to where it is sitting directly on my mothers vault.

After a short prayer my father took up the shovel and put one shovel full of soil in. Then melody took her turn, then Debi and then I.

Paul Lee is home with mom, Sitting exactly where he would be if she was cradling him in her arms.

The whole day was calm and very sincere. We then went to Woodstock and picked out their headstone, I think its going to be beautiful room for mom on the left and papa on the right with the Kruger name on the top. Dead center is a nature scene I believe of a mountain trees and a lake (as they always took us camping and mom loved it) and at the bottom is Paul Lee.

We did leave his original name plate at Memory Gardens as we know cause of time we didn't get all of whats left which wasn't anything but DNA in the soil, so he is resting with mom and grandma.

No comments: